- Consultation: Schedule a consultation with a certified Soprano Ice practitioner. They will assess your skin type, hair colour, and medical history to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure.
- Sun Avoidance: Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4-6 weeks before treatment. Laser hair removal is more effective on untanned skin to reduce the risk of burns or pigmentation changes.
- Shaving: On the day of your treatment or the night before, shave the treatment area thoroughly. Avoid waxing, plucking, or using depilatory creams, as the laser needs the hair to be present in the follicle for effective targeting.
- Clean Skin: Ensure that the treatment area is clean and free from makeup, lotions, and creams. Cleanse it gently with a mild, non-alcoholic, and non-scented soap before your appointment.
- Medications: Inform your practitioner about any medications you are taking, as some medications can make your skin more sensitive to the laser.
- Pain Management: If you are concerned about discomfort during the procedure, you can discuss topical numbing creams or gels with your practitioner. They may recommend or provide a suitable product.
- Sun Protection: After treatment, your skin will be more sensitive to the sun. It's crucial to apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher to the treated area and to avoid sun exposure for at least 2-4 weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid Hot Baths and Showers: For the first 24-48 hours after treatment, avoid hot baths, hot tubs, saunas, and hot showers. Use lukewarm water instead to prevent excess heat on the treated skin.
- Gentle Cleansing: Continue to cleanse the treated area gently with a mild, non-alcoholic, and non-scented soap for a few days after treatment. Pat the area dry with a clean, soft towel—do not rub.
- Avoid Irritants: Avoid using harsh skincare products, exfoliants, or perfumed lotions on the treated area for at least one week post-treatment.
- Avoid Tight Clothing: Wear loose-fitting clothing for a day or two after treatment to prevent friction and irritation on the treated skin.
- No Waxing or Plucking: Do not wax or pluck any hairs in the treated area between sessions. Shaving is acceptable if needed, as it preserves the hair follicles for the laser to target.
- Skin Healing: Some redness and mild swelling are normal after treatment and should subside within a few hours to a day. Applying a cold compress can help alleviate any discomfort or swelling.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated, which can aid in the healing process.
- Follow-Up Appointments: Attend all scheduled follow-up appointments as recommended by your practitioner. Multiple sessions are usually required for optimal results.
- Ask Questions: If you have any concerns or questions about your post-treatment care or experience, don't hesitate to contact your practitioner for guidance and advice.
Have any worries get in touch we would love to hear from you!